Creating My Sites






 

My Sites depends on user profile service, managed metadata service and also search service applications.

‘My Site host’ site template can be used only once per User Profile service application.

 



Create MySites Web Application

  1. Open Central Administration > Manage web application > Click “New” in the ribbon
    1. IIS Web Site:
      1. Name: my.domain..au
      2. Port: 80
      3. Host Header: my.domain.au
      4. Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\my.domain.au
    2. Application Pool: recommended to create a separate pool or can use existing content app pool
    3. Database Name: WSS_Content_Personal
  2. Click “Ok” button

 

Create MySite Host Site Collection

  1. Open Central Administration > Manage web application > Click “Create site collections”
  2. Make sure “my.domain.au” is selected as Web Application
  3. Enter “My Sites” as the Title
  4. Keep the root “/” as the managed Path
  5. Leave the URL path Blank
  6. Select “MySite Host” as the template
  7. Enter the SharePoint admin account as the Primary Site Collection Admin
  8. Click “OK” button

 

Select the My Site web application from Central admin
On the ribbon, select 'Managed paths' and add wildcard inclusion for personal.

Connect the newly created web app to service applications (default)

From the ribbon, enable on 'Self service site creation'

Setup user profile service application (refer my blog) and configure mysite settings in user profile service application by going into
Central Admin > Application Management > Manage service application > User profile service application > under My Site settings 'setup My sites'

No comments:

Post a Comment